About the position
Bachelor Program of Islamic Theology at the Islamic University of Applied Sciences Rotterdam, is looking for a research fellow for a period of four years with 25% required teaching duties. The position is located in Rotterdam. The position is at the Department of Islamic Theology at the IUASR, Rotterdam.
The Assistant Professor will focus on research on ‘religious identities in Western polities’. The position is funded by the university and will be working together with the department of Islamic Theology and Islamic Chaplaincy. The theme of the Research fellow’s project will be related to these departments.
The successful applicant qualifies for admission as a graduate of Social Sciences and must hold a master’s and a PhD degree in political science/ public administration. Fluency in written and oral English, Dutch are prerequisite. An intermediate level of Arabic is a pre. It is expected to have a sound knowledge of quantitative (SPSS) and qualitative research techniques. The applicant is expected to teach a module ‘Research Methods and Skills’ and will provide guidance to Bachelor and Master theses.
The emphasis in terms of personal suitability lies in the area of critical, reflective, evaluative and collaborative skills. We expect the successful candidate to work in a focused, concentrated and independent way.
- professional development in adynamic and exciting organisation
- a positive, inclusive and diverse working environment
- The position is remunerated according to a salary plan that is fitting and market conform.
A working environment that can be characterised as diverse and full of opportunities to build to this newly founded HE-institution (1997). We therefore encourage candidates to apply for the position, irrespective of their background. Applicants that fit best will be invited for interviews.
The application and any necessary information about education and experience (including diplomas and certificates) are to be sent electronically.
The following documentation will be asked for:
- PhD thesis
- Academic work and other relevant projects, as well as a list of these
- Project description with a maximum scope of 10 pages, including the reference list. The outline should present and discuss possible research questions, theory perspectives, material, a progress plan, and methods within the given framework
Application deadline: 6 February 2020.
For questions about the position: Human Resources: Mr. A.S. Karadeniz